All participants will give a
- short lighting talk to introduce themselves and their research project.
- 10-minute research talk on their project followed by 20 minutes of discussion.
The presentations emphasize research directions interfacing biology and computation and highlight a research problem/idea. Trainees work in groups to discuss research challenges and ideas related to each project.
The forum will also have three weeks of professional development workshops throughout the semester with an emphasis on
- interdisciplinary communication
- publishing and peer review
- project/time management and organization.