The goals of the 1-credit weekly forum are to provide Trainees an opportunity to:
- Interact with each other regularly as a peer group,
- Present their research findings to get feedback,
- Practice their prelim exam and/or defense talks,
- Discuss new findings from the literature of common interests,
- Engage in professional development activities, and
- Discuss the focal areas of the Annual Symposium.
Participation and planning:
- Trainees are required to participate in the Forum at least four semesters during their PhD training.
- The Forum will be a platform where Trainees acquire communication skills with their peers.
- Trainees will take charge in planning the topics and scheduling speakers with a supervising trainer to strengthen their management and organization skills.
- Trainees will jointly determine a professional development topic, identify and invite relevant speakers to organize workshops or discussions.
For details click here